Carnival Procession – POSTPONED
Procession theme: Go Green
Starting point: Willoughby Car Park, Victoria Esplanade, West Mersea, CO5 8BH
End Point: Mersea Summer Fete, Barfield Road, CO5 8QX
Gates open for Carnival entries from: 09:15
We suggest that you arrive on site by: 09:30
Judging begins at: 09:45 – 10:00 for general entries.
Visiting Carnival Court entries will be judged during the procession so do not need to be on site until 10:30.
Part of the judging criteria of entries will be how:
- they reflect the Carnival theme
- the participants have been involved in creating the entry.
Carnival procession begins at: 11:00
Willoughby Car Park (leaving at 11:00) – Victoria Esplanade – Broomhills Road – Prince Albert Road – Yorick Road – High Steet – Barfield Road – Kingsland Road – Mersea Island School (arriving at approx 11:50).
All entrants must sign in on arrival at Willoughby Car Park. You will then be directed to your appropriate position on the field.
Parking for carnival entries and their support teams:
- Pay & display; Victoria Esplanade Car Park, Victoria Esplanade, West Mersea, CO5 8BH. https://www.colchester.gov.uk/info/category/?id=west-mersea-car-parks
- Pay & Display; Mersea High Street Car Park. https://www.colchester.gov.uk/info/category/?id=west-mersea-car-parks
- general road parking around the Summer Fete field.
Toilets: Start point: Public Toilets on Victoria Esplanade. End point: Summer Fete field or public toilets at the entrance to the High Street Car Park.
Refreshments: Starting point: If you would like to buy drinks or snacks they can be purchased from the Seaview Cafe, Viv’s Shop or Two Sugars cafe which are all on Victoria Esplanade within a short walk from the starting point. End point: on the SummerFete field.
Entry Safety Marshals
Each entry must provide two safety marshals. Each marshal must read the Safety Marshal notes that will be emailed to them and meet with our Marshal lead before the procession leaves the field.
Entry forms can be downloaded here. There is no charge for entry.